Long identified by its iconic water tower, Norwalk is the 14th most populous city in Los Angeles County, 58th in California and the 255th nationally.
The five-member Norwalk City Council acts as the city’s chief policy-making body. Regular Meetings of the City Council are held on the first and third Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in Council Chambers, Norwalk City Hall, 12700 Norwalk Blvd.
Norwalk is bordered by Downey on the northwest, Bellflower on the southwest, Cerritos and Artesia on the south, and Santa Fe Springs on the north and east.
The City of Norwalk is a safe, family oriented community that continuously improves the services it provides its citizens and businesses.
The City of Norwalk is committed to meeting the needs of its residents and businesses by providing exceptional public services and facilities that are responsive to the community through honest, efficient and fiscally responsible leadership.
- We are accessible, honest and transparent in all interactions.
- We are responsive to meeting the challenging needs of our community.
- We are fiscally responsible, ethical, and transparent in our stewardship.
- We place high value on individual and team accountability.
- We deliver exemplary work and services.
- We encourage innovation and creativity.
- We make decisions based on “What is best for Norwalk?”